Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear Frustration...

Dear Frustration,

Normally, seeing as it is Monday, I'm prepared for your retaliation on the start of my week.  I anticipate the  weekend blues and piles of laundry that I pushed aside until today.  But, no...it was a glorious weekend, and I was up to speed on everything--I reveled in the joy of being a mom.  Catching up today on taking a deep breath and thinking about my blessings was about all I had hoped to check off of my "to-do" list. 

Then, you show up.  And you bring your ugly friends with you.

I've had about enough of you ALL for today. 

Anger?  You can stop destroying my peace.  No one is perfect, and honestly, I don't need YOU to remind me.

Lonliness?  I'm kicking you to the curb.  Taste your own medicine.  I might feel lonely, but I'm never alone. 


And finally...

Frustration...

Sometimes I think you think you own me.  You think you can pop in at any time and tell me I'm a failure, I'm not doing a good job, and I'm never going to be satisfied. 

I want to take this opportunity to tell you you're wrong, and you're not welcome here. 

I'm sure you'll show up sooner than later after this is over.  I'm sure you'll ring the doorbell of my thoughts and butt into my self talk...but I'm not going to fall subject to your games.  Lies don't become me--beauty doesn't lie in the eyes of the beholder; it lies in the heart of my CREATOR.

So, take your baggage and guilt and leave.

Leave me alone.
Leave my children alone.
Leave my husband alone.

I am free.  I am owned by grace.  I am saved and restored.  I am looking to my Source for strength and He will tell me who I am, not you OR your friends. 

Sincerely,
A mom who stands on Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment