Friday, February 11, 2011

Green Goodness

I know my son loves me.  He gives wonderful hugs and makes silly faces when we cuddle.  He enjoys being with me, doing the most mundane duties.  When I tell him I need to go to the store, his face lights up and he asks, "Are we going to Marc's?"  He loves it there, and I know why.  It's where we buy his fix.  The stuff his dreams are made of.

Green Goodness

I know why green is the symbolic color for envy.  I envy the passion my son has for this juice full of healthy things like artichoke, bananas, apples, barley, and wheat grass.  I know he loves me...but I think he loves his Green Goodness more. 

Isaac has a picky palette, so when he was little, I discovered this smoothie full of great things I knew he'd never eat by themselves.  It was a hit.  From Isaac's 18 month to now, I'm confident we are keeping Bolthouse Farms juices in business. (We love their C-Boost, Mango Smoothie, and Carrot Juice too)  Isaac can drink an entire bottle by himself in a couple of days.  Unfortunately, they do not sell in 50 gallon tanks, nor will they ship to my house.  

Today, Isaac was standing at the kitchen door (wide open, of course) when I came downstairs to do some laundry.  I set the basket of clothes on the floor and peeked over the top of the door.  "Buddy, what are you looking for?"  His remorseful face spoke volumes.  "Where's the Green Goodness, mom?."  "You drank the last of it last night..." I raised my eyebrows as he looked at the floor.  "Maybe we can go to Marc's later?"  Slowly his head lifted and he smiled.  "Oh YEAH!!!!" 

Maybe GG and I can be allies.  We work together to make Isaac healthy and happy.  So, here's to a truce, Green-Goo-in-a-bottle.  You do your thing, and I'll do mine.

Marc's...here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment